Prognosis Health Information Systems (Prognosis HIS), a leading provider of an integrated electronic health record (EHR) and financial system enterprise solution for rural and community hospitals, announced in a press release that Health Language Inc.'s (HLI) Language Engine® (LE) and provider-friendly terminology (PFT) will be integrated into its inpatient and outpatient EHR systems in future releases. Developed by the global leader in healthcare terminology management, these tools will streamline physician workflow, documentation and revenue cycle management, as well as ease the transition to ICD-10 and satisfy meaningful use (MU) stage two data mapping provisions.
"We are committed to helping our customers achieve meaningful use attestation, but beyond that we want to equip them to thrive in the emerging digital, pay-for-performance healthcare environment," explained Prognosis HIS CEO Ramsey Evans. "We partner with industry leaders who can help us deliver the most user-friendly solutions with robust functionality, configurability and reliability that meet the specific needs of rural and community hospitals, and that's exactly what our relationship with HLI will accomplish."
Embedding HLI's tools into ChartNotes™, Prognosis HIS' clinical documentation solution, will further enhance its ease of use and flexibility that already enable individuals with basic computer skills to easily and quickly configure templates to reflect their personal preferences and organizational needs. By incorporating HLI's data mapping and provider-friendly terminology tools, physicians and other caregivers can continue using their customary descriptions for diagnoses and procedures supplemented by free text. This eliminates the need to learn or look up specific codes, frees physicians and nurses to focus on patient care and eases the transition to ICD-10.
Additional benefits include:
- Encourages EHR adoption by enhancing physician productivity and streamlining workflow
- Speeds searches for diagnosis and problem list codes by allowing clinicians to use familiar words and abbreviations
- Enhances data mining and analytics by automatically mapping preferred terms to the correct standardized codes
- Meets MU stage two mapping requirements by converting problem list data into SNOMED CT codes
- Boosts billing efficiency and accuracy by converting clinical terms into the appropriate billing codes
- Seamlessly maps between ICD-9, SNOMED CT and ICD-10
- Eliminates productivity and revenue declines that would result if physicians were forced to choose the correct code from ICD-10's 155,000 options, up from 17,000 items under ICD-9
"Organizations that lack the technological resources and infrastructure to adapt to healthcare's ongoing transformation will falter under the demands of new care models and industry regulations," said Brian McDonald, executive vice president of HLI. "Our partnership with Prognosis HIS is a strong example of how a fully integrated, intuitive EHR system can help providers tackle data sharing and analysis challenges, while positioning them for competitive, long-term growth."